Lead Senior Data Scientist
Million Victories is an independent game studio based in Lyon, France and has a team of more than 30 passionate professionals working on creating and developing innovative MMOs for midcore players on mobile.
Having secured its new investment round this year (2023), Million Victories is now expanding its existing game to new heights.
Million Victories developed and already published its first game, Million Lords which is a real time strategy game of a new genre, with a solid and steady growth. Million Lords has more than 100,000 monthly active users and we aim to triple this KPI by the end of the year in 2023. Million Lords KPIs are above the market average.
Working for Million Victories means :
having his/her initiatives and work considered and recognized;
enjoying a large autonomy in organizing his/her work;
joining a welcoming and committed team.
- having his/her initiatives and work considered and recognized;
- enjoying a large autonomy in organizing his/her work;
- joining a welcoming and committed team.
We are looking for a full time employee who will work in Lyon. Remote work is an option but you will be at least 2 days per week in our office. Attractive salary depending on your experience.
You will be in charge of consolidating the current existing data processes, reports and tools and of developing the data sciences team within the studio.
Within Million Victories you will support strategic initiatives across marketing, development, monetization, customer experience and more. You will have direct input into key decisions. You will utilize the data collected to draw insights based on patterns and trends and work with defined sets of data to answer the questions and needs of the business.
Direct reporting of 1 full time data analyst.
What we expect
We look for an autonomous and rigorous profile with 3 to 5 years’ experience in Data Sciences. Another experience and / or knowledge and understanding in data analysis is also appreciated. You must be fluent in English and have previous experience in the gaming industry. The following skills are required:
- At least 3 years of data work experience in the gaming industry, with a proven track record working in close connection with product teams.
- Experience programming to extract, transform and clean large (multi-TB) data sets, proficient with SQL.
- Experience in scripting for automation (e.g. Python)
- Good knowledge of statistical analysis and concepts used for industry-standard methods like AB testing or forecasting.
- Ability to understand a business problem, turn it into an analytics/statistics problem and solve it using adequate methods.
- Ability to work with different teams and to understand and solve their challenges (including communication skills).
- Highly pragmatic mindset with the ability to quickly identify what needs to be focused on and what can be considered of lower priority.
- Comfortable with people management.
- You are curious, ambitious and respectful.
If you are interested and want to know more, please send your application to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org